Policy & Standards
- Keeping your information and the business you do with us strictly confidential
- Never selling, renting, sharing or trading your personal or health information
- Giving you access to the personal or health information we have about you
- Respecting your privacy when we market our products and services.
PIPEDA has as its core, 10 guiding principles, as also set out in the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is incorporated into the PIPED Act. These principles are:
- Identifying purposes
- Limiting collection Limiting use, disclosure, and retention
- Individual access
- Provision of recourse
2. Identifying purposes
- Address Mail & Email
- Telephone & Fax Number
- Social Insurance & Provincial Health Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Employment etc
b) Health Information
- Height & Weight
- Personal Medical History
- Family Medical History
- Results of diagnostic tests (blood tests, x-rays, MRI, CT, etc.)
- Dates & results of medical examinations, etc.
Power & Associates collects only information from individuals or organizations as is required for the purposes of providing services or information to them, or for aggregated/anonymous statistical analysis. To the extent possible, when we collect personal information we do this directly from you. Occasionally we will seek your consent to collect personal information from other sources, including but not limited to your employer, treating medical personnel, and/or insurers. Our purpose in collecting personal and heath information includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Providing you with health services (including medical evaluations, pre-placement examinations, diagnostic services)
- Collecting information on behalf of your insurer for their benefit determination/underwriting requirements;
- Providing disability management services to you or your employer;
- Providing you with other services as may be required by you;
- Maintaining internal quality control.
- Occasionally circumstances may arise that necessitate the disclosure of your personal and health information without your consent. These circumstances may include:
- Where required by law or court order
- Where Power & Associates determines based on reasonable assessment of circumstances that disclosure of such information is needed on an emergency basis to protect the life, health or security of an individual
- Bearing foremost in mind that you are our valued client and that ensuring you are completely satisfied with our services.
- Responding to, and wherever possible, anticipating any questions or concerns you may have and addressing these decisively.
- Maintaining our independence, professionalism, objectivity, fairness and integrity at all times.
- Delivering our services in a consistently excellent and timely manner.
In order to accomplish our QA commitments Power & Associates maintains and monitors the following QA protocols:
- We maintain 24/7 availability including phone and on-line access
- We work closely and in partnership with you to identify your precise service goals
- Our assignment of work to qualified consultants is rapid and thoughtful
- We monitor timelines and ensure rapid turnaround
- Our work is consistently accurate, objective, and mediation/arbitration/court ready
- We can provide quotation of anticipated costs for all work
- We are ever mindful of limiting costs and strive to provide maximum value to our clients
- We respond to all feedback with concrete actions wherever required
- We maintain statistics about your use of our services (type, frequency, clients, outcomes, etc.) which we can share with you at any time.
- Power & Associates Privacy, Website & QA Policy is updated regularly. Our last update was on: November 27, 2013